recording device or an audio device of any type, I want it out of here. is that right? A: Jason and I were on the bed, Aaron was at the foot of the bed. In all, the Carr brothers robbed, raped or murdered seven people. 19 excuse me, of the year 2000, do you recall your activities in the Q: And he would have been behind you, is that correct? Q: That would have been later, is that right? not an afro as far as rounded but just kind of clumpy. for you, is that correct? Q: I'm going to hand you what's been marked for exhibit purposes as Can you tell A: He was just kind of thrown onto the bed. started to open the door at the fatter guy's request, and the guy inside He was downstairs. Q: And did you were you still in the car with Heather at the time what happened then? that knowledge at that time? see anybody running. Q: And do you recall what location you were at in the evening hours, Were you taken to another location? I don't know the exact words. Five people were killed, and two people, a man and a woman, were severely wounded. A: I believe she stayed there once. Q: And would this what type of ring would this have been? in front of you. Q: All right. We would There is a Prairie State Bank on the southwest corner of the intersection. A: When I think of an afro, I think of Michael Jackson when he was little. Then I went over to Brad, Q: When you initially went to withdraw the money, did you roll the window Q: Approximately what time would he have arrived? Q: And do you recall anything about the weapon at that time? a minute, and then I opened the door again, and he directed me to come have the opportunity to put any clothing on? house and with the windows that border the back of the house. kicked or hit by someone? initially? Q: So a revolver would have something round? at that time? Join Facebook to connect with Holly Schreiber and others you may know. I talked to him for a few minutes. that correct? He got in the driver's side. one of them said to the other one that "That's his girl. And there was a man and a woman who answered the door. The brothers robbed, raped and executed four young people in what came to be called the Wichita Massacre. was at that time? what led you to believe it was FUBU? Q: So in addition to ceiling lighting there was also some stationary, Q: So both vehicles would have been westbound parallel to each other, A: I put on a sweatshirt, a white sweatshirt, and that's it. Jason is gone, where was Heather? A: Heather's went off, the first gunshot went off, and heard Aaron, Q: And could you see or did you make eye contact with her? Q: So when you were listening to this conversation, was there anything Q: So Heather would have been on the northernmost Q: location with Aaron next to her, is that right? We couldn't find them. some glasses above the wet bar, and there was a bottle of Weller's, and Q: Approximately how long did Jason remain out in that area by the wet And then I heard -- there was A: I saw the 11. A: I kind of leaned up to look at the clock, to see what time it was A: Yes. A: Not until about 10:00 when ER was over. A: They participated. time? in time? A: When we started going to the ATMs, the same one always left while Q: And do you know the name of that kind of a weapon? it? me, did they appear to believe you? me "Relax" he wasn't going to shoot me yet. Q: And had you been acquainted with Mr. Befort for quite some time? you had at that time? I thought it was a subdivision that was starting 11:54 to get hard, and they counted down from 11:52 to 11:53 to 11:54. I rang the doorbell several times, and I was pounding Q: Were you aware of any vehicle that might have been used to transport I don't know how they were. Q: Is there some reason Jason was assigned the task of going around THE COURT: Excuse me just a moment, Ms. Foulston. And then they opened the garage door. Q: Was there any description by Aaron as to who Heather was? went. Q: When you arrived at the residence, where did you put your vehicle? One of them is shut because there is a, like a Q: From the sound of the voices were you able to determine if one or after they closed the doors. A: We both performed them on each other simultaneously. Q: Did you see that vehicle at about 8:30 that evening at the residence? is also a separate room that's not closed off. Q: Was he then removed from the residence? white like stars. Q: Do you recall what kind of vehicle it was that Jason Befort drove? It comes off your head, but it comes off like a helmet. A: I said "Yeah, me too" and he said "What the fuck does that mean?" And then I just got up, Q: Is this similar to what you observed that evening? From the first gunshot went off by the time I was kneeling, I'd say She said "It's an opportunity to observe, to see which one of the two it was? Q: The occasion when you opened the door and Heather was on the bathroom Do you understand? of his penis? individuals, can you characterize them as calm or not calm? It was only about 10 minutes after Jason doors would you have on that closet? Q: And what was she doing when you came back? Q: Do you recall who went first and the amounts that they said? And I said "Well, I'm not really having a good time. The snow was pink, and spotted with red. Q: What happened or what caused you to do that? Q: Time wise you said initially you referred to the time as 2:07, the Q: Do recall hearing any other gunshots before you yourself was shot? Q: And would it be usual if you stayed over for you to get up early Q: After you had heard that comment, do you know what happened then? Q: Were you called that name on more than one occasion during that evening? Is that correct? finished except for the storage area? find the fucking keys. Ed note: So far in this column, we've posted about a genius high school drop-out who conned his way through surgeries and Yale, a cheerleader who masterminded a small town bank robbery with her policeman husband, and a man who hijacked a cargo jet. Q: So you were basing this on what you heard, is that right? A: There is an eating area in the kitchen, which is upstairs. Q: Would it be normal for Heather to stay at that location. at the time that you entered into that closet and the other two had left? Reginald and Jonathan Carr were brothers with a shared evil streak. Q: Was there any lighting around this ATM machine? said 'Hold on, I'm not done." Q: The bedroom that was used by Jason, did it have any particular kind Heather went up by Aaron, and I went down by Jason. And we were a black that fades into an orange. sounded at that time? A: I could only distinguish Aaron's voice, so I'm assuming it was Heather. he penetrated me. No. Q: And do you recall what you did at the residence once you got there? Heather looked at me. like that's not Aaron I thought it was yelling. those times. I could just feel impact. Q: Was there any discussion between the two individuals who had entered Q: Now, when you say they wanted to know, was this both of them talking recall exact words. He had blood coming out of Q: Could you tell em what type of weapon this was? Q: A big screen is a fairly large television? or directions given to you by the person who was in the vehicle with you? didn't get knocked out, you saw stars, saw gray? A: One of them when they were looking around wanted to know where the A: I went to the L-shaped landing outside, right next to the wet bar. were turned down in the living room area? Q: In your visiting at that home on Birchwood would you be at that location is that correct? ran around to the front of the house and rang the doorbell. Q: And when Heather performed acts that you spoke of, what did she do View the profiles of people named Holly Glover. WICHITA -- A woman who survived a rape and shooting surprised prosecutors Thursday by telling them she had contracted the same sexually transmitted disease a detective just testified one of the suspects had. to him or handed it to him twice. Twelve years later their appeal was heard by the Kansas. 1/6 is the day Joseph Christopher, who was then in the military, got busted for slashing a fellow serviceman with a knife. They beat the men and raped the women. There was kind of like a dirt road that was behind a subdivision, Q: So that would lead you to the assumption at that time that Mr. Befort that time, is that right? and he said he had a couple of hundred, and then Heather, and she said A: I waited until I couldn't hear it anymore, and I looked. or observe? the seat of the truck. Brad was. Is there some relationship Q: Do you recall whether or not when this was going on, when this person Q: So it had a bed and some dressers and stereo, things you talked about? A: It took a while. me to try, and he asked me "Is that all you have?" Where did you go? Q: Did there come a point later when you were able to get a better estimate Q: And the other bedroom that you said did not have an adjacent bathroom, Please don't hurt us." Q: I'm going to stop you here for a minute. Q: And were you still driving the vehicle? Q: Was there a discussion by the intruders regarding the vehicles or that you were giving them the right information? Take whatever you want." make out any specific details. Q: Were your eyes able to adjust to the darkness in that room? MS. FOULSTON: Your Honor, I would ask the Court if the defendants would where she might have been? time to observe the intruders? forced me to have sex with him" and he just kind of laughed. A: I got up and went out to the area that they wanted us to go to. Q: When you had last seen it that evening before retiring, had it been in that hall by the wet bar? They were sentenced in 2002. A: Yeah. that was directly said to you that led you to believe that was your ring? On September 9, Reginald Carr and his brother Jonathan go on trial for what has become known as the Wichita Massacre. My name is Andy Schreiber. Q: What kind of car did you drive then there? Q: And what did this tall black male do at that time? Q: Were you able to identify other than the black coat I believe you Were you identified in some manner? Q: Do you recall whether or not you were able to see his hair or was A: We were both brought out of the bathroom, and we sat out by the wet Q: Let's talk about the one that has the round thing. The trunk was closed. Q: And the other, the gentlemen were in the room, Brad and Aaron and hours? Q: And were you able to observe at that time what she was being shown? A: We went down 127th Street to 21st Street, up Greenwich and under immediate it was parked behind Aaron's car. anybody else was in the house? to the dark, were you able to see the outline of the way his hair looked who Brad was directed to first. Jason yelled. There is a microphone able to observe either one of the intruders or both? They're solid, but they and I was running along it up to the back of a white house and ran around Let's take the break now. Q: And what, if anything, did you observe or hear? A: It was one of those also mid thigh, not cropped, not long leather Q: When you were driving that way, were you able to observe the clock Q: When you say the fat one, start there, in terms of the person that Jason's truck was I don't remember A: Aaron's car was being driven in front of the truck, and they pulled and some stereo equipment that belonged to Jason Befort, is that right? Jason, is that right? might have lived at that residence? There is an L-shaped where you can go down the stairs, and A: There was Heather, myself, and at least one of the black males. keys should be in the kitchen. I rolled him Q: When you arrived at the location off Greenwich, how did the vehicles Q: And that would have been directly outside of Jason's bedroom, is Q: The jacket that he had on, were you able to describe the length of A: Sitting next to me, not sitting but on all fours. all? was it at that point that Brad left with the individual you described as I remember the ambulance people. Q:When you speak about digital penetration can you tell me who performed A: No. area. Is that right? intruder? out of the road and going south on Greenwich. Q: You indicated that Heather was the last person that would have been Q: When the same individual retrieved Heather, do you have any idea The name of your male friend, who was that? Q: Did you have an opportunity at any point soon thereafter to observe weather conditions might have been? the furthest away from the driver's side door. Q: That was the comment that you said earlier? Q: At that time, was there any discussion, any further discussion between over. Everybody was face down. Q: Did that direct your attention toward the door at that time? Is that correct? do it with his girl.". were put together that stuck off the head and not flat to the head. Q: And during this time did you have any thought with regard to that A: He said something that scared me, and I kind of jerked, and he told Q: Had you heard Heather moaning at all prior to that time before Jason as they had left them. to you, what body parts? A: We were kneeling with our backs to the car. He came over to the closet A: I went back into the bedroom, and Heather came out. Q: And was there any conversation among the two intruders as to any Q: At any time did any other people enter? indicated that was down to approximately his thigh? A: Yes, because the bathroom light was on, and when I opened the door night. He was tired of relaying information, so he handed me the I had gotten out of the truck and was directed to sit on the taken from the residence by the two intruders? At about 11 p.m. on the freezing cold night of December 14, 2000, Reginald Carr, 23, and Jonathan Carr, 20, invaded the home of three young Wichita men, who had two female guests. Q: So you only know that a comment was that A: It was probably mine but I didn't know about it. I describe it as sometimes you can buy that yarn that Q: Other features at that time you were not able to distinguish, is Q: During this time were you able to observe any of the were you occasions, is that correct? Q: Do you know what banks came into that or what area those banks would was in the house. They had only gotten to the road. bar area and in the hall, down both hallways. And then we stood there in the hallway for Q: How did she appear to you at that time? I saw his face. where she and Aaron might have been located? parked, and it went in front of me. Q: Did you in any way have to lean out to access that machine? please" Q: Was that were you able to tell from the demeanor, the way they area? Q: When the truck started to move away, were you able to determine which felt an impact with your body, do you know approximately where your body Q: When you when he was unable to have a full erection, was there anybody stand until she identifies them first. you had a safe at the residence? but you're still kind of standing in the doorway because we were right bedroom, is that correct? any houses? that correct? were the intruders? be across the room? side, so it's probably 12 feet. Q: Were you able at that point to observe any of the identifying features there and that Aaron had slept on the couch. The Carrs were tried for 113 crimes, including capital murder, kidnapping, rape and robbery. I knew I had fallen over once they had kicked Q: And so the time placement that you recollected was approximately They talked for a little that was used? Q: After you had withdrawn the full amount of money that you could get Q: Did your dog have any reaction to this activity going on? is that correct? no. car. that time? Q: So as you're beginning to watch television and grading your papers, Holly Glover is a primary care provider established in Dallas, Texas and her medical specialization is physician assistant with more than 10 years of experience. at approximately 2:00 in the morning, did you see your dog at that point it? Q: Did he immediately return back to the closet? it. Q:: I'm going to stop you there for a second. Q: And when you used the word moaning, can you describe what impression of Aaron's car. about them in terms of a description? Q: And were you able to tell what kind of gun it might have been? A: There was a golf club, and you could hear him being struck on the, Q: And were you able to see any better at that time, any of the people Q: And at the time that you left the residence or if when you left A: The person that I call the fat one was Brad was standing while A: Brad went to the ATM first, then Jason went, then I went, then Aaron Q: I'm sorry. Q: Can you describe what instructions that you or Brad were given with and I was saying everybody's names. befort? taller, thinner, or the thinner one of the two intruders? For the record, you have been sworn to testify, and for Q: You indicated there was a bedroom in the downstairs in a finished he had told me prior to that he wasn't going to shoot me, and he said he and I were taken out of the trunk of the car and put into the back seat Q: For the record, you are H.G. you were lying on the ground pretending to have died? Q: And had they voluntarily gotten on the floor were they put there? A: I was directed to do it first, and Heather was directed to do it Q: Does he wear his hair in a distinctive manner? Q: When you go back into the closet, what, if anything, do you hear Q: Now, at the time after you had been sexually assaulted in the dining Q: When you came out of the closet and into the bedroom area, did you A: After I couldn't get any more money out, I asked him if he wanted A: They were directed there. another hundred and fifty. on the door. I don't door and held out a drink and asked if anybody wanted a drink. And how many Q: And would there have been any other cars in the garage at that time? Q: And were you able to continue to observe this individual? And then I withdrew Q: So you had let yourself in, is that right? They are now currently sitting on Death Row in Kansas' El Dorado Correctional Facility. (Inspects photographs.) Q: Do you recall what Heather was wearing that evening? Heather A: The other intruder and Heather were in the front seat of Aaron's it or anything else about it? Q: Do you recall how it was that you were brought from that closet? Q: Were you the third person in a row then that was taken to the ATM? It's for a dining room table. A: Brad had gone to bed. numbers? Q: And did they give you a reason or just make the statement "Take your