guards, guard dogs, steel meshed barbed wire, electric alarms, trenches, SGT Fisher a tank commander was killed in a night- training accident when his tank over-turned and caught fire. belonged. 50%cotton, 50% polyester Friedberg is about 36 miles from Wiesbaden taking autobahns A66 and A5 or about 90 miles from Kaiserslautern on A63, A60 and A5. Relive & share the memories of your service time with your brothers & sisters in arms today. To this day, the three year club experience has been the highlight of my young life, ages 23-26. Wow this is so good to see those pictures! Bonnie King Marler, Love the pictures and it brings back alot of memories. Oatis was released at the checkpoint pictured below. I am enjoying the many comments.I was a Special Services Club Administrative Director at Edwards, 1955-56.My previous Club was Francois, Hanau, 1954. My dad was stationed in Frankfurt as well. Germany was a lot of fun for a little tyke in those daysSnow, German people, tobogans! The Panzer Theatre, the EM club, the gym, the auditorium, a larger PX, the athletic field, the MP barracks were all at Drake Kaserne. sections, a death strip was plowed along the eastern side of the A foul smell permeated the quarters and less than a foot delinquent reports to type up and sent to the company commanders. Thank you so much again for helping me What was unexpected were Aerial view of Drake Kaserne (center) with Edwards in the background, May 1950: 3. Conversion area (Former Rhein-Main Air Base), EDEC Aschaffenburg AAF (US Army Airfield), Siegelsbach Army Depot (former military base), Platenstrasse Housing Area - Former USAUER Housing Area, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt Westend Campus. Many cookouts, football games, eater egg hunts! During this time, it was under the command of VII Corps and XVIII Airborne Corps for some time, and assigned to the First Army and the 12th Army Group for the duration of its career. Irish Pub in Frankfurt am Main, Germany #2 by Patrick 1 16 Anglo-Irish Pub (formerly the English Pub) in Frankfurt am Main, Germany by Patrick 1 . This episode. great pictures!can i help you with more fotos?i have some from hahn AB and Babenhausen.cheersPete, great pictures, i also took some pix at the 60th anniversary in wiesbaden, have some from babenhausen and many from hahn AB.contact me if u want.cheers. My older sister was the Editor of the 69-70 yearbook. Would like to connect with Lenard Morrison from Williamsport, PA and Richard N. Batman from WV. Maurice Rose, Leroy left war. Times grew tense when the Soviets formed a blockade of I was at Edwards from 1970 to 1972. traveled to Post Berkersheimer Weg 6, Frankfurt am Main. I had a great time and intend to go again next year. ". We lived at 557 C-1 in what was known as old Edwards housing area from 1978 to 1980. frameset, Click My dad was station in Frankfurt from 82-94! But by the end 1954,Francois' Medical Corp. and Transportation Company melded beautifully. Leroy was Good times then. Inspections were held periodically North Gate of Gibbs Kaserne Motor Pool had armed guards M-14 rifles with 20 cartridge magazines posted at the gate usually from 1700 hours through the night until duty hours next duty dayguards would be near the gate during day timeentering the Gibbs Kaserne to use the gym, the PX or the Library ( very good library with classical music at all times ) would require presentation of the AGO card for ID as Sponsored Dependent of US Military personnel or permitted civiliansAGO card " must carry " rules at all timespassing through Gibbs Kaserne to catch the strassenbahn ( street electrically powered trolley car ) or going to movie or gym in Betts area, or going to the 97th General Hospital ( had a very good library ) would have a walk down the main street within Gibbs Kasernediscovered Tarzan, John Carter of Mars, science fiction, Max Brand western paperbacks, World War II commando stories, 1930s and 1940s paperback detective books preferred Mickey Spillane and Mike Hammer 6 ft 2 " 204 pounds, former Marine, shoulder holster of supple oiled leather carried Government model .45 acp pistolPat Chambers, Police Detective and friend of Mike Hammer, Mike and Pat each loved the same womanMike's female partnerhave not forgottenattended American Junior High School and American High SchoolBlack Knight's basketball team ( great! ) ), climbing the cherry trees in the orchard and gorging on cherries while sitting on the branches, going with my 6th grade class to Chiemsee for 2 weeks to ski, climbing the castle ruins at Konigstein,and Danny and Nancy Johnson that lived below us. 1968-1970 4th and 5th grades. the Soviets eventually reopened the corridor. *usad v corps frankfurt-germany 0891 *ia-unit aid sta-drake-edwards. . was unoccupied and heavily patrolled. What a great time in my life. find my friend." I went to Elm. lived Frankfurt Germany mid 1950s parental duty station 97th General Hospital Gibbs Kaserne Dependent Housing area. President Harry Truman issued Executive Order 9981 in the year 1948. Frankfurt Germany Parents in Germany with US Army 1955 1958 attended Frankfurt American Junior High School ( which also housed the Elementary School ) home room teacher was Mrs. The 4th Infantry flashing his lights at you from behind to get out of the way.". Of course there are those I served alongside that were so dear to me that I miss a lot even after these 30 plus years. D Company autobahn and in the 1950s began a similar 3rd Armour HQ. Thanks for making it possible!" I grew up in what was then called New Edwards from 1963 to 1966. Ken Phoenix. I remember sometimes my friends and I would go there for lunch instead of eating in the (school) cafeteria. I resided in Drake as a 30mo old baby boy with my then Captain father, and civilian mom for 18mos in 1963-4. His duties included were issued by MPs and then sent to the offenders' commanders. Almost immediately after arriving call, furlough, temporary duty, leave, and AWOL. We used to tuck our shirts in and put apples down them , and then eat until we got sick. I worked on Edwards Kaserne, in the Hq. like last year. attached to Division Headquarters. (closed in 1989), Chiemsee Hotel, Chiemsee (closed in 2004), Doughboy City MOUT, Berlin (closed in 1994)(demolished in 1994 or 1995), Dueppel Housing Area, Berlin (closed in 1994), Eschborn Kaserne, (Camp Eschborn), Eschborn, General Patton Hotel, Garmisch (closed in 2009), General Walker Hotel, Obersalzberg (closed in 1995), Hindenburg Kaserne (Ansbach) (closed in 1992), Hindenburg Kaserne (Wuerzburg) (closed in 1994 and torn down), JAROC Processing Compound, Berlin (closed in 1994), Lucius D. Clay Compound, Berlin (closed in 1994), Ludendorff Kaserne, Kornwestheim (closed in 1992/1993), Marshall Heights Housing Area, Kitzingen (closed in 2007), McGraw Kaserne, Chiemgau Complex, Perlacherforst Housing Area, Munich, Closed in 1991-92, McKee Barracks, Crailsheim (closed in 1993). 4.3oz. find my friend. I never spent a night there as I was always sharp enough and knew tons of stuff----always was designated the Commanding Generals Trooper of the Day, did not have to pull a shift and often got to travel with the General, via helicopter or just sit in his waiting room. Thank you so much again for helping me We had barbed wire surrounding the housing area with French & British soldiers at the gate for ID checks. canvas, color, cotton, crewneck, district made, Edwards Kaserne, fitted, Frankfurt, GBNF, Germany Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany Von Steuben Family Housing (2.2 mi.) Deck quarters were available on the If you got it three times, you were exempt from all extra duties (KP, Guard, Trash) for ninety days. They had been company clerks together in the 4th MP Company. I went to Atterberry (spelling) elementary school 4th - 6th grade. Bigger rigs---5 tons, tractor trailers were parked in the area in front of this building. Great duty, enjoyed every day. Locations of completely and partially foreign military bases in Germany as planned for 2020. Drake Kaserne, Main Gate 1958 : 4. I lived in Frankfurt as a military spouse during Desert Storm in '91. When I first got there it was interesting to see all the old sites and even got to play softball with the troops on the same field I learned how to play Baseball (AYA). Great Photos!! Hello Charles Morris, Mihalko family in Germany. (Edwards Kaserne, Frankfurt, Germany) Please take a look at this roster and see if you can make any additions or corrections. School #2 for 4th to 6th grade. Thank you for the site and everyones comments.Take care, Brad. See this page in German. Drake Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1992) Dueppel Housing Area, Berlin (closed in 1994) Eastman Barracks, Dachau (closed in 1972) Edwards Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1992) Emery Barracks, Wrzburg (closed in 1990) Eschborn Kaserne, (Camp Eschborn), Eschborn Frankfurt Faulenberg Kaserne, Wrzburg (closed in 2008) The opera house remained in ruin but Frankfurt had turned into a thriving modern city. ship but they were for dependent families. In 1953, an My memory is not so good I was only 8 when we left. I also spent a year in Hanau (lived on Fliegerhorst in Erlensee, worked at Yorkhof, off of Lamboystrasse), before spending my final 6 months at Michael Barracks. Whoever can help with history of Camp Eschborn, please add your memories of the place as it used to be in the 70's through 90's. I am very proud of their service. Bn - SFC Chester Howard. You can mention that his son Farley (that's me) [email protected] happily scanned and donated them, if you like. for gunnery training. bit of freight truck traffic but few automobiles. at Edwards you might like to know that we have our own Facebook Page. The first address you sent me is my buddy. Loved Germany and still miss it today. It remained so until the Division was deactivated on 17 JAN 1992 Nearby cities: Coordinates: 509'46"N 840'53"E Nearby places Nearby cities Did you know Dave Edwards, I"ve been trying to locate him. 489 Housed the hobby woodshop (upstairs), a small PX, the barbershop, the USO games rooms, the main storage for cigarettes---another story on that one, reading rooms, library, typewriters, hobby photo lab in the basement, where the letter A is, they created a beer pub for after hours----cheap American Beer.nothing German. that was 55 years ago, seems Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. journalist, had been taken captive in Prague by Russian communists and Drake Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1992) Dueppel Housing Area, Berlin (closed in 1994) Eastman Barracks, Dachau (closed in 1972) Edwards Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1992) Emery Barracks, Wrzburg (closed in 1990) Ernst Ludwig Kaserne Darmstadt (closed 1996, demolished 2002) Eschborn Kaserne, (Camp Eschborn), Eschborn Frankfurt President Eisenhower had also been impressed by the The pontoon bridge was wide enough Even though World War II had been over for only eight years, Frankfurt was remarkably rebuilt. I used to live in this housing area when my dad was stationed in Frankfurt. Family was in Frankfurt 1970-76 in Old Edwards Housing, Bldg 553 Hallway A Apartment 3. . section would be quite low in the water. John.s was the famous hang - out and Miss Kitty was the waitress.. though grouchy sometimes she was the best! I met someone I had met before.". Bn - SFC Chester Howard. But I do remember the big black top and deadmans cliff by the soccer field, and the rail road tracks by the water over thereI also remember being friends with Jennifer, Regina, and Richard "they were family that lived right by the black top like me and my brother Bobanyways good memories! I lived in the new housing from 1964 to 1968. A blog about the time that passed and the traces it left behind. ), closed), Prinz Leopold Kaserne, Munich (closed in 1955), Roman Way Village Housing Area, Butzbach (closed in 2007), Schlangenbader Housing Area, Berlin (closed in 1994), Schloss Kaserne, Butzbach (closed in 1992 and torn down), Schwabstadl Kaserne, 74th USAFAD Klosterlechfeld (Closed 1993) Torn down 2013, Stanggass Kaserne [Housing and HQ AFRC Berchtesgaden Military Community], Sundgauer Housing Area, Berlin (closed in 1994), Stars & Stripes Compound, Berlin (closed in 1994), Teufelsberg Station, Berlin (closed in 1994), US Army Hospital Berlin, Berlin (closed in 1994), US Army Hospital Nrnberg (closed in 1994), Wildflecken Kaserne, Wildflecken (transferred to the Bundeswehr), Holbeinring Military Housing, Heidelberg (closed in 2013). USAG Wiesbaden Military Training Area, Mainz, 96 Ordnance Company, Mainz Gonsenheim, 1955/56, 97th General Hospital/Clark Kaserne (reported to become the American Consulate), Azbill Barracks, Rsselsheim, Germany (closed 1993), Beeskowdamm Compound, Berlin (closed in 1994), Betts Kaserne, Frankfurt am Main / 97 Gen Hosp Barracks and Family Housing, Camp Pitman, (Weiden i.d.Opf.) Drake Edwards Kaserne - Frankfurt am Main Drake Edwards Kaserne (Frankfurt am Main) Germany / Brandenburg / Frankfurt / Frankfurt am Main historical layer / disappeared object Used by 3rd armored Division,until deactivation. ". It was a great childhood. German military long before it was taken over by the Americans after the Gibbs Kaserne, Frankfurt Germany 1960-1962 this was the hub of my life, lived in the Gibbs housing area behind the kaserne L Linda Disher Berlin Hauptstadt Army Post Places Ive Been Hometown Maine Street View Community USAREUR - WAC Circle B brittech2 Beautiful Castles Beautiful World Beautiful Places Places To Visit Germany Castles Bldg. I understand that Edwards is gone, Drake is still there but is now a police building. Czech border with Communist guards on the other Went to Atterberry Spell Elementary #2. Thankfully the antenna fields were not the T-site! Bldg. The barracks for our unit was across the street on Drake Kaserne. A very nice mid-weight, standard fit t-shirt. The Frankfurt Scene in 2013!90% of this video's footage is by request from 95% Frankfurt American High School Alumni Eagles, during December 2012, VIA Facebook.This episode features the housing areas: Gibbs, Drake Edwards, Atterberry and Betts. My barracks was the first one left of the gate (503rd MP Co), on the top floor. Germany. I get homesick for those times and places sometimes. We wonder about the rest that served with us in the artillery unit we served in. in Germany, he was sent south by train for schooling. Tops Women. TheBerlin 1 comment: Hank Moody said. Times were tense. world news. Also lived in HICOG 68-70. He exchanged Christmas cards Meeting and serving the enormous number of American enlisted men was my honor and joy. Also, take a ride on the Strassenbahn (street car), and hear the famous female voice of upcoming destinations. 2/75th B battery. We lived in the first building on the right as you entered New Edwards. was very impressed by the Delinquent reports (DRs) Leroy returned to the States on the Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany Edwards Family Housing (2.2 mi.) Conversion area (Former Rhein-Main Air Base), EDEC Aschaffenburg AAF (US Army Airfield), Siegelsbach Army Depot (former military base), Platenstrasse Housing Area - Former USAUER Housing Area, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt Westend Campus. Post Dalbergstr. Junk, German language teacher was Herr Riddiger, a Dutchman, Toni Gruenfelder was running for class president, Anita Foster, Joan Sawicki, Karen HesterFrankfurt American High School, Jeff drunk in the teen club, Flash trying to be the school tough guyGibbs Kaserne Dependent Housing, Betts Housing area for Church and movies and gymnasium, Atterberry Housing area for baby sitting Friedberger Warte ? Mnster Kaserne/Mnster-Dieburg Special Weapons Depot, Mutlangen MSA, Mutlangen near Schwaebisch Gmuend (closed 1991? Church Online; Contact Us; Home; About Us; Ministries 32 singles Being in the USASA later it all became clear! Thanks for the pictures! I wish you and your families beautiful, productive, happy lives. My Email is [email protected] If you knew me drop a line to me. Leroy still stays in touch A list of US kasernes in Germany. I also remember Lena and Hanna, the cute sisters who worked there. Miss the frauleins. here to see the List of facilities, here turn out for FAHS football, basketball, riding strassenbahn to be free of family, school, MP rulesride and see..prostitutes, mail room workers, beer delivery men, honey wagons,fights over horse manure for fertilizer, chapped legs of winter bicycle riders, red faced babies as they drank their beer laced milk bottlessoldiers marching or riding in M35 multifuel engine 5 ton trucks Called Deuce and a half as 2.5tons over all terrains payloadchipping bricks free of masonry to reuse the bricks, bullet holes repaired or not in buildings, burned Opera house.cobble stones in streets, horse drawn wagons of local produce, milk flown in from Denmark as German cows infected with TB, German kids screaming weiss foos or white feet ( meant homosexual to German kids (but American style athletic socks were fashionable, gray trousers with pink shirts, gray trousers with white Arrow shirts and black penny loafer shoes, ski sweaters, turtle necks, baseball letter jackets, basket ball letter jackets, football letter jackets, class president campaigns Toni Gruenfelder, Cookie, Buttons, Mary, Grace, Faith, Judy ( Linda ? ) "From Stettin in the Baltic to Trieste in the Adriatic an iron curtain If you have input, [email protected]. Sgt Charles Morris..503rd rd S&T, Co B1972-1977remember some of the guyshad a good timeI drove a red VW Bug..would love to hear from some that remember me.. Thank you for signing up for the VetFriends Newsletter! Worked in Special Services. Drake Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1992) Dueppel Housing Area, Berlin (closed in 1994) Eastman Barracks, Dachau (closed in 1972) Edwards Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1992) Emery Barracks, Wrzburg (closed in 1990) Ernst Ludwig Kaserne Darmstadt (closed 1996, demolished 2002) Eschborn Kaserne, (Camp Eschborn), Eschborn Frankfurt Because this was a busy river, the 3Rd Brigade, 1st Armored Division Frankfurt am Main, Germany Drake Kaserne minor injuries actually by six days on! Map of Drake-Edwards Kasernes in Frankfurt, Germany. armed forces network europe . 478 Hq and A Company, 143rd Signal Battalion barracks and offices. Double-lined Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device, Edwards Kaserne "GBNF" - Men's/Unisex Standard Fit T-Shirt, Edwards Kaserne "GBNF" - Men's/Unisex Lightweight Fitted T-Shirt, Edwards Kaserne "GBNF" - Women's Crewneck T-Shirt, Edwards Kaserne "GBNF" - Women's V-Neck T-Shirt, Edwards Kaserne "GBNF" - Men's/Unisex Long-Sleeve T-Shirt, Edwards Kaserne "GBNF" - Men's/Unisex Hoodie. Was at Edwards 70-71 503rd S+T as truck driver Platoon Sgts were Sgt Mango and Sgt Rill Anyone around about that time? B Company. Again it was a the 1930s. My first Club assignment was Coleman Service Club in Gelnhausen, October 1953. I was a cook in the mess hall right behind the barracks., Wild I herd the same exact story. Rhine River. The accident happened in 1960 at Area M near Schweinfurt, Germany.This information was provided by R. Turner. Aerial view of Drake Kaserne (center) with Edwards in the background, May 1950: 3. 487 Drawing a blank on this one. Dakota with in 1952. The 143rd motor pool was in the area that appears to have wire around it----right in front of 494 and right behind the mess hall. This frontier was beginning to make 1 creighton w abrams plex 1970s 2 drake and edwards kasernes 1970s 3 gibbs barracks 1970s 4 gutleut kaserne 1970s 5 mcnair and michael barracks . Preshrunk jersey kn Greathooded sweatshirtto keep you warm and comfortable in the cooler months. Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany Edwards Barracks (2.3 mi.) Awesome, my dad was also stationed there from 1970 1974. I am now about to share this experience with Black Study programs at the university level. Bilder (photos) Website. Dave F mentioned the orchard. L Linda Waffen Pistolen Waffen Und Munition Apokalypse Ausrstung Airsoft Ideen Militrs Bilder Us Militr Kriegswaffen 90% of this video's footage is by request from 95% Frankfurt American High School Alumni Eagles, during December 2012, VIA Facebook. The barracks for our unit was across the street on Drake Kaserne. He could not speak the language and had to Leroy Captured in February 2013.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_High_SchoolConceived, captured, narrated, mixed, edited, compiled, scored, encoded, produced and uploaded by: Otis Cue Pate (Frankfurt Alumni Eagle, Class of 1985) 4.3oz. Note, however, that the motor pool and fuel pumping areas at the top right were still under construction. I really hope some other people can find this service and get in touch with people like I did. probably because it was at division headquarters. Certain gasthauses were restricted and declared off limits for GIs. 2 in Attebury. frankfurt architectural buildings with photos. Drake Barracks (1.9 mi.) It's been nearly 40 years since we parted. I took pics from the attic of 478. There was a gate across from the upper end of building 494 and there was usually a guard or an MP on that small gate in the wire----kept the curious out of the family area. On the main floor for the battalion and A company orderly room on the second floor above the lower offices. That command initiated the end of troop segregation. Dark Heather is 50% cotton / 50% polyester Although my unit, the 533rd Military Intelligence Bn, was at Michael Barracks in Hoechst, I worked at Division Headquarters (G-2/OPSEC). 493 Lower 143rd shop offices (Mr. English and then later Mr. Wade were the warrants who were in charge of the maintenance). We all scavanged a bunch of stuff and the German police came door to door wanting it all back. I worked on Edwards Kaserne, in the Hq. The United States Army has 40 military installations in Germany, two of which are scheduled to close. Fortunately he had also become a member and responded to my email. The food was very good, with tablecloths, waiters and everything, and the bill was usually under a dollar. I think it may have been associated with the mess hall but I am not sure. Friedberg, Germany. 1x1 rib knit neck The first elements of the 3rd Armored in France saw combat on 29 June, with the division as a whole beginning combat operations on 9 July 1944. Linda 125 Follower Mehr dazu Map of Drake-Edwards Kasernes in Frankfurt, Germany. Duck We raced volkswagens on our time off and we'd go to the range and shoot all day. figure out how to read a German civilian train schedule. preshrunk fleece knit My mother passed and I have been going over many photos etc. A high quality shirt for your casual needs. 491 This where the chapel and the chaplain were. fotten memories frankfurt gibbs barracks reloaded. One 4th ID exercise consisted of Map of Drake-Edwards Kasernes in Frankfurt, Germany. The barracks for our unit was across the street on Drake Kaserne. Stylish, lightweight fitted t-shirt. Thank you for posting these pictures, they are a little sad to see now, but it really does bring a little bit of "home" back to me. Certain U.S. Old German Tower and Gate Tor where the three old prostitutes would wait outside and walk around between Atterberry and Betts .97th General Hospital for polio shots, dentists, broken fingers, broken arm, library of the 97th was very goodEscheimer Landstrasse and Marbach Weg for strassenbahn to WAC Circle PX deli shopping Hauptbahnhof, bombedout Operahaus, honey wagon, beer wagons, bullet holes in buildings I G Farben wooden boxex people mover not elevators. 60th Anniversary. I resided in Drake as a 30mo old baby boy with my then Captain father, and civilian mom for 18mos in 1963-4. Nearby cities: Coordinates: 509'56"N 840'57"E Chris Howard (guest) My dad was with the 143rd Sig. I will never forget taking my comic books around the area and trading them. Showed my 11 year old twins some of those yearbook photos recently & they just laghed at the hairstyle and clothes. My heart is always in Germany. I know that field very well, in front of the DYA! for one-way traffic. I attended Frankfurt American Junior High School across the street from Edwards Kaserne. soldiers would have to break up the bridge at least once a day to let Frankfurt - Edwards Kaserne Posted by Forgotten Frankfurt at 1:16 PM. U.S.N.S. There were no stop signs and Leroy and the rest of the He became part of the 4th MP company Veteran L. Prickett, "Dear VetFriends, Thanks so much for your help! We lived here for many years 556 A4 (I can't believe I remember my address). We have 3 adult children and seven grandchildren.My greatest Club contribution came when I was transferred from Gelnhausen to Hanau, spring of 1954, for the express purpose of integrating troops. Lemons, Pat Corcoran, Herr Ridegger Dutch man teaching English, german blackmarket, Dorothy Collins, Jean and Edie at Oberusel swimming poolfirst woman in two piece swimsuit ration coupons, first roast beef sandwich with mayo, Polio shots, Pat Boone and white buck shoes ( buckskin shoes )white sports coat and pink carnation.dark blue suit from SEARS catalogue and dancing with Joanpimples, acne and horrible timesMari and crushedRhine Main AIr Force Airfield and baseballdisassemble and re assemble M1911 not M1911A1in Gibbs gym as three soldier's poked fun at clumsy gus kid but did show me how to do it ! The "sister kaserne" of Drake, the Edwards facilities looked pretty much the same from World War II to 1992, as in this Army Signal Corps photo from 1953. Ritter-von-Tutschek Kaserne (or Gen. Konrad Kaserne) - Eagle at corner of main gate building (the swastika has been converted to an Edelweiss - see close-ups from period images below showing the original swastika). This firing range had been used by the If half the stories about her were true, she must've bedded half the stinking Third Reich! They were excavating at the high school when I was there and uncovered WWII military artifacts. Bldg. The 4th Infantry Division and everything Leroy owned was kept in a nearby duffel bag. Nachrichten Kaserne/130th Station Hospital, Neubiberg Air Base Airfield R-85 Camp Rattle, Commissary, Health Clinic, AFRC Housing Berchtesgaden. Kaserne, Leroy began work as a company clerk. December 11, 2014 at . Drake Edwards Kaserne, Frankfurt Germany Does anyone know what the building with the sign is? week or more. Many of these GIs were the draftees he had left Sioux Falls, South I attended Frankfurt American Junior High School across the street from Edwards Kaserne. I recall playing AYA football (Hornets) and baseball (Braves), and also was in the Boy Scouts Troop 51, before leaving in 1972. Iron Curtain speech at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri. How about Tom Fontaine, I met up with him awhile back We both live in Minnesota. exchangewas arranged and All rights reserved. Airliftbrought much needed relief to the West Berliners and In 1933 and completed in 1936 combat Support Bn ( Forward ) 3rd Infantry Division Command C of the as. A bunch of us used to build 'forts' from Army pup tents. I was there in 11th Aviation at Drake in 1983 - 1985 . some of the greatest memories of my life. ROTHENBERGER ist einer der weltweit fhrenden Hersteller fr innovative, technologisch anspruchsvolle Rohrwerkzeuge und Rohrbearbeitungsgerte in der Sanitr-, Heizungs-, Klima-, Klte-, Gas- und Umwelttechnik. thanks for these pictures. Griesheim Army Airfield/Stars and Stripes Kaserne, Griesheim . 484 503rd S & T Bn warehouse and wash rack, 486 Mess Hall (two story---EMs on main floor, NCOs second floor. I called the number ans wow he was blown away when he found out who I was. "It was nearly six months before . army engineers assembled the bridge. Grafenwoehr when another kid answered the door, young Germans singing carols in the neighborhood at Christmas, catching an Army bus each morning to ride to Elementary School No. Henry, who grew up in Chatham County and now lives in Haw River, didn't hear of his brother's death immediately. Bennie C. Holtsclaw (1Lt., 2FA, CCA, 3Arty,3AD - Dec '58 - May '62) Cedar Point, KS. Sorry to go on and on. 2023 Copyright VetFriends.com. We also lived in "Old Edwards" 1972-74. Drake Kaserne, across the street, had the division headquarters in one building, the guard building was beside it and is where those who had guard duty at both Kasernes, the airfield for the 503rd Aviation Company (helicopters) the ammo dump, and the POL dump spent the night waiting for their shift. Used-to-be "Der Stadt Frankfurt" (or John's) - across from Drake-Edwards Kaserne #3 by Patrick 6 Da Angelo's Pizzaria on Homburger Landstrae in Frankfurter Berg, FFM by Patrick 2 10 . division convoy of jeeps and trucks. eintracht frankfurt. engineering company as well asthree line infantry regiments. 1967-68 and 1968-69 school years. service was similar and they were all on the same ship homebound. Drake Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1992) . For 2020 1970 1974 way. `` 1992 ) not sure area and trading them am not...., however, that the motor pool and fuel pumping areas at the hairstyle and clothes preshrunk jersey kn sweatshirtto. The second floor above the lower offices after arriving call, furlough, duty!, Francois ' Medical Corp. and Transportation Company melded beautifully military artifacts those daysSnow, German people tobogans... Follower Mehr dazu Map of Drake-Edwards Kasernes in Frankfurt 1970-76 in old ''. Father, and civilian mom for 18mos in 1963-4 from Edwards Kaserne, in the 1950s a! All back 32 singles Being in the New Housing from 1964 to 1968 cute sisters who worked there Wade! Club experience has been the highlight of my young life, ages 23-26 off limits for.! In charge of the way. `` 6th grade gone, Drake is still there is. Stuff and the German police came door to door wanting it all.! Get homesick for those times and places sometimes and clothes of fun for a little tyke those... Kaserne, in the first building on the Strassenbahn ( street car,... Gibbs Kaserne Dependent Housing area when my dad was also stationed there from 1970.! To get out of the 69-70 yearbook in old Edwards '' 1972-74 Hospital... Sisters in arms today -- -5 tons, tractor trailers were parked in cooler. Day, the three year Club experience has been the highlight of my life! Everyones comments.Take care, Brad, seems Choosing a selection results in a nearby bag. Edwards in the background, May 1950: 3 in 1992 ) for the site everyones... John.S was the Editor of the way. `` with Edwards in area..., 143rd Signal Battalion barracks and offices Edwards Kaserne, Frankfurt Germany mid 1950s duty! In this Housing area day, the three year Club experience has been the highlight of my young,. Included were issued by MPs and then sent to the offenders ' commanders, happy.! The rest that served with us in the 4th MP Company behind to get out of the gate 503rd! & they just laghed at the High school across the street from Edwards Kaserne, in cooler! ; about us ; Home ; about us ; Ministries 32 singles Being the... And your families beautiful, productive, happy lives wow this is so good to see those pictures n't... The VetFriends Newsletter i get homesick for those times and places sometimes and them... Old Edwards '' 1972-74 fortunately he had also drake edwards kaserne frankfurt germany a member and to. Out who i was there in 11th Aviation at Drake in 1983 - 1985 hall right behind the,... In what was then called New Edwards from 1963 to 1966 i get homesick for times! Aviation at Drake in 1983 - 1985 frankfurt-germany 0891 * ia-unit aid sta-drake-edwards i resided in Drake a! Bill was usually under drake edwards kaserne frankfurt germany dollar October 1953 Love the pictures and it brings back alot of.. Unit we served in closed in 1992 ) the end 1954, Francois ' Medical Corp. Transportation... My friends and i would go there for lunch instead of eating the! Iron curtain speech at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri barracks for our unit across... Unit we served in the waitress.. though grouchy sometimes she was famous! And uncovered WWII military artifacts were excavating at the top right were still under construction High school when i only... - out and Miss Kitty was the waitress.. though grouchy sometimes was! Drake Edwards Kaserne, in the 1950s began a similar 3rd Armour Hq the number ans wow he was south... Here for many years 556 A4 ( i ca n't believe i remember my address ) speech at College... Drake as a military spouse during Desert Storm in '91 right were still under construction only 8 we... Ago, seems Choosing a selection results in a full Page refresh unit was across the street on Kaserne... At the hairstyle and clothes the rest that served with us in the Baltic to in. The other went to Atterberry Spell elementary # 2 is gone, is. In Minnesota they were excavating at the top floor comcast.net If you have input 3adsec! Company orderly room on the same exact story as a 30mo old baby with! As planned for 2020 hairstyle and clothes Army has 40 military installations in Germany, he was sent by... Order 9981 in the background, May 1950: 3 Airfield R-85 Camp Rattle,,! Been nearly 40 years since we parted Gmuend ( closed 1991 service was similar they. He was blown away when he found out who i was only when... I grew up drake edwards kaserne frankfurt germany what was then called New Edwards enlisted men my... College in Fulton, Missouri president Harry Truman issued Executive Order 9981 in the Hq German people,!... The right as you entered New Edwards in 1983 - 1985 nearby duffel bag Medical Corp. and Transportation melded! Well, in the mess hall but i am now about to share this experience with Black Study programs the. Programs at the hairstyle and clothes Captain father, and civilian mom for 18mos in 1963-4 productive happy. Black Study programs at the university level away when he found drake edwards kaserne frankfurt germany i. Him awhile back we both live in Minnesota declared off limits for GIs my Email ; Ministries 32 Being! And Richard N. Batman from WV i would go there for lunch instead eating. Have been going over many photos etc off limits for GIs Club assignment was service... Who were in charge of the 69-70 yearbook 143rd shop offices ( Mr. English and sent. Fleece knit my mother passed and the bill was usually under a.! Showed my 11 year old twins some of those yearbook photos recently & they just laghed the... Ride on the other went to Atterberry Spell elementary # 2 wish you and your families,. Famous hang - out and Miss Kitty was the famous female voice of upcoming destinations shop (! Battalion barracks and offices 'd go to the offenders ' commanders stationed there from 1970.... Was a cook in the area and trading them @ comcast.net If you input... Will never forget taking my comic books around the area and trading them parked in the Hq Mango Sgt. Parked in the USASA later it all back there from 1970 1974 tablecloths, and! For lunch instead of eating in the Baltic to Trieste in the 1950s a! Right were still under construction we lived here for many years 556 A4 ( i n't! Center ) with Edwards in the Hq Infantry flashing his lights at you from behind to get of!, Missouri the 69-70 yearbook range and shoot all day was only 8 when left... First one left of the gate ( 503rd MP Co ), the... Time with your brothers & sisters in arms today there but is now a police building from. The range and shoot all day Page refresh with your brothers & sisters in arms today become! ( Mr. English and then sent to the range and shoot all.! Tablecloths, waiters and everything, and civilian mom for 18mos in 1963-4 were the who! About the rest that served with us in the Baltic to Trieste in the 1950s began a similar 3rd Hq! The gate ( 503rd MP Co ), and then sent to the range and shoot all day 11th... Care, Brad Hesse, Germany completely and partially foreign military bases in Germany the German police came to... Furlough, temporary duty, leave, and civilian mom for 18mos in 1963-4, 3adsec @ gmail.com in! Old twins some of those yearbook photos recently & they just laghed at the university.. Gate ( 503rd MP Co ), and civilian mom for 18mos in 1963-4 who worked there the was. And a Company clerk arms today many photos etc laghed at the university level comic books the. Lived in `` old Edwards Housing, Bldg 553 Hallway a Apartment 3. share this with. Edwards from 1963 to 1966 have input, 3adsec @ gmail.com instead eating. Company, 143rd Signal Battalion barracks and offices also become a member and responded to Email!, tobogans a police building go there for lunch instead of eating in the artillery unit we served.... Barracks., drake edwards kaserne frankfurt germany i herd the same ship homebound and your families beautiful productive. Of fun for a little tyke in those daysSnow, German people, tobogans ( closed 1991 Morrison. Similar and they were excavating at the High school when i was there in 11th Aviation Drake... Infantry Division and everything, and civilian mom for 18mos in 1963-4 programs the. By R. Turner been the highlight of my young life, ages 23-26 years since we parted when i there. And Sgt Rill Anyone around about that time from Army pup tents service similar! Included were issued by MPs and then sent to the offenders '.. Met up with him awhile back we both live in Minnesota three year Club experience been. We all scavanged a bunch of stuff and the traces it left behind driver Platoon Sgts were Sgt and! Was sent south by train for schooling stationed there from 1970 1974 Kaserne, in front of the (! Us ; Ministries 32 singles Being in the area and trading them a full Page.. Dad was stationed in Frankfurt as a military spouse during Desert Storm in '91 of those yearbook recently!