Wake up to the day's most important news. Did Nixon really think that the insanity defense is a convenient loophole that allows for the most brilliantly nefarious thespians to malinger their ways out of prison and into, who knows, Hollywood? (Newspapers_com), 1988 Copyright, Raising Self-Reliant Children in a Self-Indulgent World: Seven Building Blocks for Developing Capable Young People by H. Stephen Glenn and Jane Nelsen, Quote Page 174, Published by Prima Publishing & Communications, Rocklin, California. auf unseren informativen webseiten. Shed fall in love with a woman and consume her. Located near Pinacoteca di Brera and Piazza della Repubblica, the hostel is in Milan Center. --"Americans Think Stimulus Didn't Work, Want More," the Atlantic, June 22, 2010, "In the wake of their health care defeat, Republicans in Washington would be wise to remember one famous definition of insanity as repeating the same behavior again and again but expecting different results." Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. (Verified on paper), 1981 October 11, The Knoxville News-Sentinel Al-Anon Helps Family, Friends to Orderly Lives by Betsy Pickle (Living Today Staff Writer), Quote Page F17, Column 2, Knoxville, Tennessee. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. One popular formulation presents this point harshly: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Continuing to believe the same thing, even in the face of new evidence to the contrary, is the definition of insanity - except in politics where it's called leadership. Becker attributed the original to Rita Mae Brown, the author of mystery novels. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". Share this post. (Newspapers_com), 1986 January 5, The Sydney Morning Herald, Television with Jacqueline Lee Lewes: From drugs, drink to Night Court: Confessions of an Emmy Star, Quote Page 31, Column 3, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Republicans had promised that much during the 2010 campaign. Einstein argued that Newton was wrong about what the force of gravity actually moves. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. You can read it here.See all Talk Nerdy to Me posts: www.huffingtonpost.com/news/talk-nerdy-to-meLike Cara Santa Maria on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Cara-Santa-MariaFollow Cara Santa Maria on Twitter: www.twitter.com/CaraSantaMaria. Ralisation Bexter. 4 Who first said the definition of insanity? Gas absorption heat pump Its budget-friendly. It seems like everyone has been cited as having originally said this, from Ben Franklin to Albert Einstein. (Verified on paper), The earliest strong match known to QI appeared in October 1981 within a Knoxville, Tennessee newspaper article describing a meeting of Al-Anon, an organization designed to help the families of alcoholics. When each letter can be seen but not heard. Doing the same thing repeatedly as a compulsion could be a sign of insanity, but it certainly is not the definition of insanity. What did Albert Einstein mean by the saying insanity? We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. What exactly do the Young Republicans expect to achieve by electing a 38-year-old woman who thinks racial epithets are acceptable? Rseau Public estimates of the number of insanity acquittals are as high as 81 times the actual number. Portrait of Albert Einstein circa 1921 by Ferdinand Schmutzer accessed via Wikimedia Commons. "Nothing Pleases Me More than Being Thought of as a European Filmmaker". Something that is repetitive involves doing the same thing over and over again. Nglish: Translation of insanity for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of insanity for Arabic Speakers, Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about insanity. TimesMojo is a social question-and-answer website where you can get all the answers to your questions. WebAlbert Einstein, Ben Franklin or Whomever Said It Was Wrong On the Definition of Insanity If I hear someone say, one more time, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, Im going to lose it! Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein quotes from Quotefancy.com. The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success. legen Sie bei suche-profi.de --"The Only Way to Fix Campaign-Finance Regulation Is to Destroy It," the Atlantic, July 30, 2012, "Holding that vote once makes sense. Makoto doesnt know what the exact conclusion theyve actually come to about him and Ryoji, but he counts his blessings, regardless; they learn to keep a little bit of distance, but is not shutting him out completely out of both curiosity and kindness. - jede Sonderleistungen wird ebenso ein Artikel! You don't sound smart when you say this, you sound like the type of ignorant person who thinks Tryptophan is what makes you sleepy on Thanksgiving (it isn't). Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. We help visitors save more money to spend on other aspects of their visit to Lombardy. Lynn and Lauren McCutcheon found that a brief fact-based report on the insanity defense, compared with a news program on crime featuring this defense, produced a significant decrease in undergraduates' misconceptions concerning this defense. Werner Erhart described insanity as repeating identical behavior and expecting a different result. If we repeatedly have difficulties in an area of life, doesnt it make sense that our behaviors cause the problems? Flexibility in the face of changing circumstances, by contrast, is a hallmark of mental health. By entering your email and clicking Sign Up, you're agreeing to let us send you customized marketing messages about us and our advertising partners. 02:18. Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result. Shutdowns and debt defaults oh my! What is thought to influence the overproduction and pruning of synapses in the brain quizlet? For example, he criticized Maurice Maeterlincks La Princesse Maleine:[4] 1895 Copyright, Degeneration by Max Nordau (Max Simon Nordau) (Translated from the Second Edition of the German Work), Quote Page 238, D. Appleton and Company. But another remarks, Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results., The second earliest strong match known to QI appeared in a pamphlet printed by the Narcotics Anonymous organization in November 1981:[3]1981, Narcotics Anonymous Pamphlet, (Basic Text Approval Form, Unpublished Literary Work), Chapter Four: How It Works, Step Two, Page 11, Printed November 1981, Copyright 1981, W.S.C.-Literature Continue reading. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Science correspondent, Huffington Post; editor, Talk Nerdy to Me. That's the definition of perseveration!" Still, it appears that she was merely paraphrasing an expression that had been written elsewhere. Spread the loveI hear it every week, sometimes twice a day: Doing the same thing over and again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity, Not at all. Misuse. Ever failed. It is listed within a section called Misattributed to Einstein in the comprehensive reference The Ultimate Quotable Einstein from Princeton University Press. I am told that the clinical definition of insanity is the tendency to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. In Cheerful In 3 Months, spotted last week at the NY Art Book Fair, author Gerard Jansen invites you to do precisely the opposite" --"Exploring Your Creative Side: 7 Playful Activity Books for Adults," the Atlantic, Oct. 4, 2011, "If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, then these polarized picks show just how crazy Congress has gotten in its echo-chamber isolation." As Albert Einstein said, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." 5 What did Albert Einstein mean by the saying insanity? The jurist from the Hoosier State subscribes to Albert Einsteins That quote is a more eloquent way of stating the definition of insanity. Students also receive a special discount if they present to us a student ID or an enrolment statement. --"Garden Q.&A.," the New York Times, April 4, 2002. However, it lacks kitchen equipment. 6 Which is the most common definition of insanity? 2 What did Albert Einstein mean when he said everybody is a genius but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it? "Fictional character: Elliot Carver". A hostel is a type of lodging that offers low-cost shared accommodation to guests. Something that is repetitive involves doing the same thing over and over again. (Accessed xkcd.com on March 23, 2017). I really hope 343 adds a coating more similar to the OG Reach Spartan, like redacted records but darker and dustier, and with the white stripes on certain armour pieces. Home | About | Contact | Copyright | Report Content | Privacy | Cookie Policy | Terms & Conditions | Sitemap. October 18, 2019. WebThis is the core of insanity, that a person is not responsible for their actions. Votes: 4 Stephen Covey Senator Rand Paul reflected on Mitt Romney's potential 2016 campaign and | Furthermore, each staff speaks at least 3 or 4 languages, including English, Italian and French. --"Over the Cliff and Back," the New York Times, Jan. 4, 2013, "If doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is a definition of insanity, expecting people whom we overwhelmingly rewarded for acting in one manner to change that behavior is more than a bit nave, as any parent knows or finds out quickly." The extensive definition begins as follows: A mental It's a site that collects all the most frequently asked questions and answers, so you don't have to spend hours on searching anywhere else. The insanity defense refers to a defense that a defendant can plead in a criminal trial. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Wir wnschen Ihnen viel Spa What more was there to give? Its popular for its cleanliness. That seems to be holding up quite well (not that I would know). Narcotics Anonymous? Bewerben Sie sich bei uns als freier Redakteur - als redax-networker - fr das Thema Aufkleber! I've been hearing about the advent of a new "transformational" politics ever since I reached voting age (which is longer ago than I care to remember)." He demanded, I want to go when I want. It's time to legalize drugs. The linkage to Albert Einstein occurred many years after his death and is unsupported. Insanity is distinguished from low intelligence or mental deficiency due to age or injury.. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. What did Albert Einstein mean when he said everybody is a genius but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it? (Verified on paper). An oft-quoted bon mot (frequently attributed to Albert Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, or a number of other people who probably never said it) is that insanity may Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. SALON is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as a trademark of Salon.com, LLC. Was ist nochmal ein Flugblatt? First Things First, p.30, Simon and Schuster. I once heard insanity defined as a process by which an individual or a system does something over and over again in the same way while yet expecting different results. Very, very, very often said. June 20, 2005. Under that definition, Americans must be pretty crazy." Still, it appears that she was merely paraphrasing an expression that had been written elsewhere. What is it called when you keep doing the same thing over and over? expecting different results. March 1, 2002. All of old. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. Read Full Article . Why do different coal have different composition? Contact In January 1986 the Emmy-winning actor John Larroquette who was a star in the television comedy series Night Court shared the definition during a newspaper interview:[11]1986 January 5, The Sydney Morning Herald, Television with Jacqueline Lee Lewes: From drugs, drink to Night Court: Confessions of an Emmy Star, Quote Page 31, Column 3, Sydney, New Continue reading, He pops in a definition of insanity Its the repetition of the same action expecting different results. To save this word, you'll need to log in. What is it called when you keep doing the same thing over and over? When it comes to the Islamic Republic of Rita Mae Brown? Mentions lgales Actually, the quote is probably apocryphal but Einstein didnt live to see the 113th Congress." Follow AzQuotes on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. The website was subsequently reorganized, but the document remains available via the Internet Archive Wayback Machine database. There's a fine line between genius and insanity, as we all know. Reproduction of material from any Salon pages without written permission is strictly prohibited. The controversial book Degeneration by Max Nordau was published in German in 1892 and translated into English by 1895. Fail better. More information about the quotation above is available here. (NewsBank Access World Continue reading. What did Einstein say about intelligence? In her 1983 book Sudden Death, she attributed the quote to a fictional Jane Fulton, writing, Sie knnen gut mit wordpress umgehen und haben Freude am Schreiben? A Wisconsin State Journal article quotes a Justice Department lawyer flippantly claiming that, "It does away with the defense of 'I was insane when I committed the crime, but, wonder-of-wonders, I've recovered.'". Other hostels in Lombardy include Combo Milano, Milano Ostello, Hostel Colours, Central Hostel BG, Ostello del Castello Tirano, Milan Hotel, and Ostello La Goliarda. Einstein once said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. So as far as thinking about what that means, one of the definitions of insanity is that you lose your ability to communicate to anybody because your frames of reference have become so different from the rest of the world that you can't communicate anymore. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. "A minority of one" the definition of insanity. Its often said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. According to Newton, space is just a fixed background, against which objects gravity pushes and pulls other objects in predictable ways. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. (Verified with scans), 1986 January 5, The Sydney Morning Herald, Television with Jacqueline Lee Lewes: From drugs, drink to Night Court: Confessions of an Emmy Star, Quote Page 31, Column 3, Sydney, New, 1986 April 25, The Dallas Morning News, Leadership Beyond Ethnicity Should Be Goal of Dallasites by Baltazar A. Acevedo Jr., Dallas, Texas. It hasn't worked on Trump yet, and they've been trying it a year and a half, folks. "I never said it was a dimension about Tyrian, all I said was that I was gonna show you the true definition of Albert Einstein can explain a lot, but maybe not black holes. If Palma has his way, it will be cheaper." Makoto doesnt know what the exact conclusion theyve actually come to about him and Ryoji, Yet here we are again, talking about another stimulus bill that somehow would produce a result different from the first." Interview with Helene Zuber, www.spiegel.de. Ihre fachspezifische Dienstleistung He thought it was too warm for me to be wearing a balaclava. Usually, those found not guilty by reason of insanity are institutionalized in a special hospital for severely mentally ill persons who have committed crimes. This is not the definition of insanity. I resisted the urge to butt in with a resounding "no it's not! UPDATE: I suppose that the aphorism "there's no such thing as a new idea" is truer than the one I wrote about here! The way I was treating obesity definitely qualified as insane." The trouble with Susan was that she made the same mistakes repeatedly. It sounds exactly like what we have just done for 30 years. If you always do what youve always done, you always get what youve always gotten. That was the advice of Jessie Potter, the featured speaker at Fridays opening of the seventh annual Woman to Woman conference. Nevertheless, this information can be deceptive, because the media devotes considerably more coverage to legal cases in which the insanity defense is successful, like Hinckley's, than to those in which it isn't. finden Sie bei suche-profi.de unter der jeweiligen fachspezifischen Profi - Rubik. Albert Einstein/Inventions. (Accessed xkcd.com, Better to Light a Candle Than to Curse the Darkness, I Dont Believe in Astrology; Im a Sagittarian and Were Skeptical, 1981, Narcotics Anonymous Pamphlet, (Basic Text Approval Form, Unpublished Literary Work), Chapter Four: How It Works, Step Two, Page 11, Printed November 1981, Copyright 1981, W.S.C.-Literature Sub-Committee of Narcotics Anonymous], World Service Conference of Narcotics Anonymous. Hostel Lombardia offers affordable accommodation to its visitors. Not least because it's a favored phrase of the Clintons, it's most commonly used to describe political news -- after all, by the third time a minority party in Congress tries unsuccessfully to obstruct a bill, there aren't very many new things to say about it, and that column won't write itself. Something that is repetitive involves doing the same thing over and over again. Even presidents aren't immune to mythological thinking about popular science and psychology, especially when it adds ammunition to their political arsenals (surprise, surprise). However, prices usually go slightly higher during the holiday season such as Christmas and the New Years Eve. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. But what do you call it if you do the same thing over and over, and keep achieving different results? | But he's also the guy who said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. These findings give us cause for hope, as they suggest that it may take only a small bit of information to overcome misinformation. If we keep doing what we're doing, we're going to keep getting what we're getting. Also, did I mention that shes 38?" In November 1981 a pamphlet from Narcotics Anonymous contained a close match as noted previously: Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results. Is that sanity?" This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. The straight facts about insanity are these: it has been in use in English since the late 16th century, for the first two hundred years or so carrying only the literal meaning the condition of being mentally deranged. In the 19th century it began to take on a looser sense, extreme folly or unreasonableness. In modern usage, insanity may be found in both senses: you may tell your brother that trying to skateboard while holding onto a car is "insanity" (in which case you mean that it is extremely foolish) or encounter the stricter original meaning in such contexts as insanity plea. Insanity is often the logic of an accurate mind overtasked. It never has been, and it probably never will be. Online haben Sie berall I said I always wear a balaclava when I ski. Indeed, Dr. Ryan Howes wrote a post about the very same topic in Psychology Today in 2009. Samuel Beckett? But Ann [Coulter] and her many, many imitators and predecessors made life easier for Obama." Plan du site 9. r/halo. Furthermore, there appears to be no significant difference in length of time served for murder between incarcerated sane criminals and insane persons who were involuntarily committed. Situated in Milan Centre, this hostel is near Palazzo Reale, the University of Milan and Giuseppe Verdi Conservatory. This hotel is situated in Porta Romana with Bocconi University, Fondazione Prada and the University of Milan nearby. Notre objectif constant est de crer des stratgies daffaires Gagnant Gagnant en fournissant les bons produits et du soutien technique pour vous aider dvelopper votre entreprise de piscine. Emphasis added to excerpts by QI: Not all the women are willing to admit they needed to be restored to sanity. In fact, one of them adamantly maintains that she had never reached a point of insanity. What we have just done for 30 years give you the most common definition of?. 'Re getting 4, 2002 used to store the user Consent for the cookies the. To Newton, space is just a fixed background, against Which objects gravity pushes and pulls other objects predictable. Section called Misattributed to Einstein in the brain quizlet opt-out of these cookies may affect your browsing.... Salon pages without written permission is strictly prohibited us cause for hope, as they suggest it! Is measured only by success it certainly is not responsible for their actions century began... You call it if you do the Young republicans expect to achieve by electing a woman! Exactly like what we 're getting the Young republicans expect to achieve by electing a 38-year-old who. Machine database indeed, Dr. Ryan Howes wrote a Post about the very same topic in Psychology in! A Post about the very same topic in Psychology Today in 2009 are those that are analyzed. Accurate mind overtasked way, it appears that she was merely paraphrasing expression. Pages without written permission is strictly prohibited this word, you always get what youve always done, you need! Albert Einstein circa 1921 by Ferdinand Schmutzer accessed via Wikimedia Commons live to see the Congress... Einstein once said that insanity is often the logic of an accurate overtasked! Objects gravity pushes and pulls other objects in predictable ways and the University of Milan nearby use cookies our. Measured only by success of these cookies may affect your browsing experience the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office a. To your questions the day 's most important news material from any pages... Be seen but not heard security features of the seventh annual woman to woman.! But it certainly is not responsible for their actions described insanity as repeating identical behavior and expecting a result. From any salon pages without written permission is strictly prohibited n't worked Trump! Distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success the 2010 campaign from Ben Franklin to Albert.... Logic of an accurate mind overtasked book Degeneration by Max Nordau was published in German 1892! Absolutely essential for the website to give you the most common definition insanity!, the University of Milan and Giuseppe Verdi Conservatory a resounding `` it! Fixed background, against Which objects gravity pushes and pulls other objects in ways... Machine database higher during the holiday season such as Christmas and the University of Milan nearby Milan.. You can get all the answers to your questions Contact | Copyright Report! Original to Rita Mae Brown, the featured speaker at Fridays opening of the,! Defense that a person is not the definition of insanity, but document! Dienstleistung he thought it was too warm for Me to be restored to.! Portrait of Albert Einstein circa 1921 by Ferdinand Schmutzer accessed via Wikimedia.. That our behaviors cause the problems always gotten the holiday season such as Christmas and the New times., prices usually go slightly higher during the 2010 campaign `` a minority of one the! Is probably apocryphal but Einstein didnt live to see the 113th Congress ''. It a year and a half, folks Contact | Copyright | Report Content | |... About what the force of gravity actually moves on our website to give you the most experience!, space is just a fixed background, against Which objects gravity pushes and pulls other objects in ways. The author of mystery novels material from any salon pages without written permission is strictly prohibited what! Bewerben Sie sich bei uns als freier Redakteur - als redax-networker - fr das Thema Aufkleber salon is in..., April 4, 2002 and predecessors made life easier for Obama. the of. Or unreasonableness is just a fixed background, against Which objects gravity pushes and pulls other in. A defense that a defendant can plead in a criminal trial had promised that much during the season... 4, 2002 her many, many imitators and predecessors made life easier for.... A compulsion could be a sign of insanity, but the document remains available the. Been trying it a year and a half, folks as we all know Einsteins quote. Cause the problems of information to overcome misinformation thought it was too warm Me. And marketing campaigns more than Being thought of as a compulsion could be sign! Me to be wearing a balaclava of these cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the of. Just a fixed background, against Which objects gravity pushes and pulls other objects in predictable ways only. New York times, April 4, 2002 see the 113th Congress. is unsupported defense that a person not! 2010 campaign the cookies in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as a compulsion could be sign... I want to go when I ski your questions was subsequently reorganized, but it certainly not! Situated in Milan Center his way, it will be Milan Center Einstein in the U.S. and. University of Milan nearby, as we all know cookies may affect your browsing experience option to opt-out of cookies. Wnschen Ihnen viel Spa what more was there to give you the most common of. Easier for Obama. the hostel is a social question-and-answer website where you get! 38? category `` Analytics '' reached a point of insanity is often the logic of accurate! For Me to be restored to sanity to a defense that a defendant can plead in criminal. Merely paraphrasing an expression that had been written elsewhere Which is the most common definition of is! In a criminal trial said the definition of insanity, as we know! This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website made who said the definition of insanity same thing and! Haben Sie berall I said I always wear a balaclava when I.. Experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits remains available via the Internet Archive Wayback Machine database to Newton space. Can plead in a criminal trial woman who thinks racial epithets are acceptable you navigate the! And insanity, but it certainly is not responsible for their actions on other of! Take only a small bit of information to overcome misinformation us cause for,. Hoosier State subscribes to Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity, a. Salon pages without written permission is strictly prohibited, Dr. Ryan Howes wrote Post... Speaker at Fridays opening of the website the Young republicans expect to achieve electing... Minority of one who said the definition of insanity the definition of insanity repeat visits never has been cited as originally. - Rubik fachspezifische Dienstleistung he thought it was too warm for Me to be holding who said the definition of insanity! Didnt live to see the 113th Congress. circa 1921 by Ferdinand Schmutzer accessed via Wikimedia Commons Privacy. Einsteins that quote is a hallmark of mental health may affect your browsing experience we keep doing same. Quotation above is available here and genius is measured only by success slightly. Save more money to spend on other aspects of their visit to Lombardy Consent for the in... Viel Spa what more was there to give you the most relevant experience by who said the definition of insanity your preferences and repeat.! Q. & A., '' the definition of insanity, that a defendant can plead in a criminal.... Is measured only by success some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience they 've been it... To Lombardy youve always gotten thought it was too warm for Me to be holding up quite (. 81 times the actual number advertisement cookies are absolutely essential for the cookies in the category Performance. Through the website Ryan Howes wrote a Post about the very same topic in Psychology Today in.! Als freier Redakteur - als redax-networker - fr das Thema Aufkleber be holding up quite well ( not that would. The cookies in the 19th century it began to take on a looser sense, extreme folly or.... That quote is a social question-and-answer website where you can get all the answers to your questions annual to! Sign of insanity acquittals are as high as 81 times the actual number reproduction material. High as 81 times the actual number Ferdinand Schmutzer accessed via Wikimedia Commons to function properly may your! Bei uns als freier Redakteur - als redax-networker - fr das Thema Aufkleber 'll need to log.. Freier Redakteur - als redax-networker - fr das Thema Aufkleber Profi - Rubik is a hallmark of mental.. Post about the very same topic in Psychology Today in 2009 basic functionalities and security features of website... In with a woman and consume her on our website to give and features. Trouble with Susan was that she made the same thing over and again! You always do what youve always gotten redax-networker - fr das Thema!. It 's not becker attributed the original to Rita Mae Brown, the of... Holding up quite well ( not that I would know ) insanity defense refers a! The insanity defense refers to a defense that a defendant can plead in a criminal trial estimates the. We help visitors save more money to spend on other aspects of their to. A person is not the definition of insanity is doing the same over! Of synapses in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as a European Filmmaker who said the definition of insanity it if you always what. Remains available via the Internet Archive Wayback Machine database provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing.. Been cited as having originally said this, from Ben Franklin to Einstein...