You may say this when following is an adjective and the multiple subjects are described. is the next one. While not quite amateur, it is a novice effort -- both imaginative and naive. ). In the following allows us to use following as an adjective. you can say: social media following. Which of the following is the only grammatical correct variation. All rights reserved. One of the most captivating indie films I've ever seen - especially impressive for a film shot on just a 3,000 budget. Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". WebThe Crossword Solver found 60 answers to "following", 5 letters crossword clue. There's no need for me to give an extra answer when there's one that I would be adding so little in comparison to. "We want citizens to know that we are prepared to take immediate and appropriate actions based on what the findings determine.". We typically include is after the noun form when we only want one answer or are after the form when were looking for two or more. 2. The most effective way for the Memphis Police Department to be transparent with the grieving Nichols family and the Memphis community is to release the body camera and surveillance footage from the traffic stop. WebFollowing this show is the news. 2. It only takes a minute to sign up. The Lakers lost another close game Sunday night, this time it was at the hands of the Philadelphia 76ers, where officiating was again the main storyline. And I love most of Nolan's movies. Tyre Nichols, 29, of Memphis, was arrested on the evening of Jan. 7 after officers attempted to make a traffic stop for reckless driving near the area of Raines Road and Ross Road, according to separate press releases from the Memphis Police Department and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. I looked up the dictionary, Merriam Unabridged, and it is the following. The following have helped me with this book of photographs: David Jones, Gill Farmer, Martin Weekes and Anthony Gray. rev2023.1.17.43168. Which of the candidates below are for government office? The English grammar rule on using the phrase the following is or the following are is short and clear-cut. Let'ts talk about more if the word service is singular or plural. Now to be enumerated: The following people will Which of the following are sedimentary rocks? "And all year they keep telling me to my face on the court, 'I didn't see it' or 'It wasn't a foul,'" James wrote on Twitter. following prep (after and as a result of) a seguito di, in seguito a, dopo prep : Police imposed a curfew following last night's violence. The Crossword Solver finds answers to classic crosswords and cryptic crossword puzzles. However, there doesnt always have to be one correct answer. Below, we share sample sentences to help you get the rules and really apply them. However, there doesnt always have to be one correct answer. I have the same questions. They are usually followed by multiple-choice answers, and the reader can give one or more answers depending on what we are looking for from the question. Please try to differentiate the words you are talking about from the advice you are giving: If there is only one item, use 'is'. We must include a noun after it (something like question or example) to modify it and correctly use following as an adjective. What Is the Abbreviation for Pacific Time? On the other hand, the sign for you to say the following are would be when you need to connect the expression to a plural subject or object. "It's not making sense to me seriously! For example: The following is a photograph of the Presidents visit to Europe. 2023 Cable News Network. (American English vs. British English). 3:12 AM EST, Tue January 17, 2023, Selena Gomez's documentary shows the star during vulnerable moments in her mental wellness battle, See the first electrified and fastest-accelerating Corvette, Here's why your eggs are so expensive lately, 'Sober bar' owner says she's struggling to meet unprecedented demands, Officials roll out welcome banner to receive Chinese travelers at airport, 'Glass Onion' actress talks about the challenge of her role, 'You're just a hamster spinning on a wheel': Restaurant owner struggles to stay open, An iconic French food is under threat. Which of the following news sites do you tend to visit to find out about local situations? Webfollowing prep (after in time) di seguito a prep : subito dopo, a seguire prep : Following this show is the news. I thought till now that sentence 1 is right and 2 is not used. 2.Select one of the options from the followings. The Following is not a bad noir film. and M.A. Youll need to prepare for the following questions. It always refers to a multiple-choice question. It always refers to a multiple-choice question. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. But I have seen a recent question with followings in it. Here are a few more examples that should help you understand more about it:if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'grammarhow_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_15',106,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-medrectangle-3-0'); Which of the following is a simple question we use to ask for answers. In the following is an interesting phrasal form we can use in English. We would need to write which of the answers below or use some other noun to describe them. Enter a Crossword Clue. To refers to you referring your attention toward the object in question. But thats generally how we use which of the following.. About UsWe are on a mission to help you become better at English. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. It can be an adjective. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers. Finally, lets check out some synonyms that we can use to replace the question which of the following. These all still work to ask a multiple-choice question: In The Following Complete Usage Guide (With Examples), As Following vs. As Follows vs. As Follow. "Today, the department is serving notice to the officers involved of the impending administrative actions.". After the incident, Nichols "complained of having a shortness of breath" and was transported by ambulance to Memphis' St. Francis Hospital in critical condition, according to police. 2. Therefore, it is useful to make sure you can remember the difference between is and are when you see them written down like this. will work well for you: There are other prepositions to use with the following. In isnt the only option. What are possible explanations for why blue states appear to have higher homeless rates per capita than red states? Zeitgeist Films, Since a which of the following question always includes a follow-up list of options, you probably wont be using it in your verbal conversations. Unconventional but strangely engaging, Following may not be Christopher Nolan's most refined film, but it's surely one of his most unique. The difference is subtle, but its something that many native speakers can pick up on. The Lakers lost another close game Sunday night, this time it was at the hands of the Philadelphia 76ers, where officiating was again the main storyline. Ja Morant has taken to social media to criticize officiating, saying referees have "too much power.". In the phrase the following is the word following is clearly a noun: it owns an article. or social media followings. WebAnswers: Apples, pears, oranges, bananas. You may use this when following acts as an adjective and the sentence describes a single subject. Simply including the goes a long way when changing the form of following. Many people require a noun to follow it, and you might see something like the following: As you can see, a noun is required after following in most cases. :). She regularly contributes to Cryptopolitan.com and EnglishForward.com from their inception. By continuing, you agree to the Privacy Policy and The neo-noir style is cool, but like I said, this film in general just didn't appeal to me. Due to Nichols' condition, the Shelby County District Attorney's Office was contacted and TBI special agents were subsequently requested to conduct a use-of-force investigation, according to the TBI. , and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes. Weve briefly touched on this already, but lets clarify our meaning. I thought till now that sentence 1 is right and 2 is not used. Hristina Yordanova has a Cambridge CPE certification in English and is now pursuing her International Journalism for Media Professionals at the Edinburgh Napier University. Is "I'll call you at my convenience" rude when comparing to "I'll call you when I am available"? Coming next in time or order: in the following chapter. See more. Therefore it must be an adjective, which doesn't get pluralized. Coming next in time or order: in the following chapter. WebFollowing is a 1998 independent neo-noir crime thriller film written, produced, edited and directed by Christopher Nolan.It tells the story of a young man who follows strangers around the streets of London and is drawn into a criminal underworld when he fails to keep his distance.. As Nolan's debut feature, it was designed to be as inexpensive as possible to make. But I have seen a recent question with followings in it. WebFind 70 ways to say FOLLOWING, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. It would help us both to understand whats going on. I don't mind if you downvote my answers, but I would prefer if you'd leave an explanation of why you downvoted it; it might help me improve. WebThe Following is not a bad noir film. Selena Gomez brushed off online body shamers following her red carpet appearance at the Golden Globes on Tuesday.. If there are more than one use are. Cinemark Partner is with single subjects. We use the to turn following into an adjective. WebFollowing or the following ? adj. The following day, morning, etc. In this formula, the OED says, the verb is impersonal and should always be used in the singularfollows.. If it were an adjective here, what noun would it be modifying? in English from East Stroudsburg University, she has a passion for writing a wide variety of content for anyone and everyone. This age-old question is super common on tests and exams, but the phrase which of the following can be pretty tricky to understand if youve never come across it before. b. hens; The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? A brilliant, charismatic, and psychotic serial killer communicates with other active serial killers and activates a cult of believers who follow his every command. Now to be enumerated: The following people will For example, youd use which of the following are for a question like which of the following are polygons, where youd invite the reader to pick multiple polygons out of a list. 1.Select one of the options from the following. It is singular in form and must be used with a singular verb. Each of the rooms is big enough for a family of five members. That's a good answer, though I should point out that dictionaries don't "dictate" anything in English; they just document what is used in practice. End of discussion, right? In the following examples, youll learn more about it. Webfollowing: [noun] a group of followers, adherents, or partisans. 2. Check out the following sample sentences that all require the usage of each is.. That's inhumane. Shes perfect and doesnt need to give explanations, wrote another. We don't usually correct grammatical mistakes in questions. A Warner Bros. I still don't know whether it's correct to say: "The following is correct" or "The following are correct" especially if what comes as ennumeration contains more than one item. For example: 3. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. As long as the extra noun is present, the following are both correct: We can use following and below in very similar ways when were trying to look for multiple-choice answers. adj. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/00\/Which-of-the-Following-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Which-of-the-Following-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/00\/Which-of-the-Following-Step-2.jpg\/v4-728px-Which-of-the-Following-Step-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. This shows that we can select multiple different answers if were not quite sure what our overall favorite option is.